Here’s what the program is all about:
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We've determined things might get too slow and backed up if we're trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for August, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by August 4th as pairings will be emailed on August 5th!
For my first month I was lucky enough to get paired with Virginia from Virgie's Place! Check out her awesome blog...she has a ton of great recipes!!! She sent me a box slammed full of goodies!!! You wanna see???
She wrapped everything so pretty! And she included an awesome note inside the box telling me all about what she sent!!
She also was awesome enough to send my boys a little something...card games!!! They were sooo excited!!! And we spent a good chunk of the rest of the day playing these games!
Virginia also sent me a few things non food related....just for me! I love what she said about the colorful headbands..."Road Runner Girl should never go without!"
Here's a look at ALL the goodies she sent me!
- Mango passion fruit flavored granola. This was sooo yummy in my yogurt! I also just munched on it as a snack!
- Nori Maki- Rice crackers wrapped in seaweed. These were sooo good!!! I couldn't quit munching on them!
- Orange Marmalade with Champagne. Oh words cannot describe how delicious this was! I spread it on toast, waffles, bagels, and even put some in my oatmeal! Sooo yummy!
- Garam Marsala. Virginia sent this with one of her favorite recipes from one of her books! I haven't had a chance to cook it but can't wait!
- Disney Cars Card Games. For my boys! :-)
- Coconut Lemongrass Lip Balm. She purchased this at her local Farmer's Market. It made my lips sooo soft! Love it!
- Handmade Soap. Another goodie from her Farmer's Market! It made the whole box smell so good! And made my hands smell good once I used it!
- Fun Pen. How did she know that I LOVE office supplies??? Fun pens are my favorite!!!
- Votive Candle Holder. I love candles and candle holders! She said she liked this one because it matched the penpal theme!
- Colorful Headbands. Of course I've already worn these tons!
Thank you sooo much Virginia for such an amazing package and for making my first experience with Foodie Pen Pals a great one! I'm already signed up for next month! ;-)
QOTD: What is ONE food item that you cannot live without?