1. FUEL: Shot Bloks, GU, Energy Chews, Candy or Other?
Vanilla Bean GU and Sports Beans are my favorite! I also like plain ole gummy bears!
2. Race Length: 5k, 10k, 1/2 Marathon, Marathon, Ultra or Other?
My favorite is by far the 1/2 Marathon! The training isn't as rigorous on your body and it's still a challenge! Sunday's half will put me completing 11 half marathons so far!
3. Workout Bottoms: Skirts, Running Shorts, Capris, Pants or Other?
Well if you've been reading my blog for awhile then you know I prefer Running Skirts!!! I hardly ever run without a skirt! I love to look cute while running! ;-) I always buy the Athletic Skirt from Running Skirts because I need those shorts underneath that don't ride up!
4. Sports Drink: Gatorade, Powerade, Cytomax, you stick to water when you run or Other?
I always have water in one bottle and some type of sports drink in the other bottle. Sometimes it's Gatorade, Cytomax, Zipfizz, or Nuun! Just depends on what I have in stock in my fridge! ;-)
5. Running Temperatures: HEAT or COLD?
I much prefer to run in the cold! Of course here in the south it doesn't get too cold. But it gets extremely hot. I love dressing in layers and running!!!
6. Running Shoe Brands: Saucony, Mizuno, Nike, Brooks, Asics or Other?
I've tried all of the above brands...I like Saucony and Mizuno but my ultimate favorite is Asics! Specifically the Asics GT 2170 series....which has been phased out...(super sad face here). I've had the GT 2100 series for the past two years and love them!
7. Pre-race meal: Oatmeal, Bagel, Banana, Eggs, Cereal or Other?
My pre-race meal is a bagel, pancake, or waffle with peanut butter on it!
8. Rest Days: 1x per week, 2x per week, never ever ever or other?
I usually run 3-4 times a week. Then I attempt to do some type of cross or strength training 2x a week...this doesn't always happen though. I always have at least 1 rest day a week...most weeks it is 2 rest days. I believe rest is super important...those muscles need that time to recover.
9. Music: Have to have it or go without it?
If I am running in a group....I go without music. If I'm running solo...sometimes I have music...and sometimes I go without! It just depends on the mood I'm in when I set out for a run.
10. #1 reason for running: stress-relief, endorphins, you love to race, so you can eat all the cupcakes you want, weight-loss, love running for social reasons or other?
My #1 reason for running is to be healthy for my boys. Then my love for running comes in at a close second! And I also love having girl time when I run! And...yes I will admit I run to eat too!!! I just LOVE running period!!! :-)