So with shopping on my mind I thought a post about the top gifts for runners would be appropriate!
Now keep in mind that these gift ideas are my opinion....and things I
- Gift Cards. Who doesn't like gift cards? Especially ones to your local running store or running stores online (roadrunnersports.com or runningskirts.com)!
- Medal Hanger. All runners need a place to display their most prized possessions...those race medals! I am in need of another one..mine is full!
- GPS Watch. All runners need a way to check their pace, time, and distance! I absolutely love my Garmin! It's pretty old and I would love one of the new ones! Other brands include Polar and Nike+ but I can't steer away from Garmin.
- Running Clothes. All runners need the right running clothes. In the winter we need tights, pants, and long sleeve shirts. In the summer we need running skirts, shorts, and tank tops.
- Socks and Compression Socks. Socks are an essential need for runners. You can never have too many socks! My favorite brands are Swiftwick and Pro Compression. And compression socks are awesome for running in AND for recovery.
- Headbands. Runners don't like hair falling in their eyes or face while running. And sweat is another factor...it's not fun getting sweat in your eyes. So some kind of headband is a must. My favorites are Bondi Bands, BIC Bands, and Sweaty Bands!
- Fuel. Those packs of GU, Sports Beans, Sharkies, or Gummy Bears are perfect stocking stuffers for the long distance runner!
- Lifeproof iPhone case. There have been many times I've been on a run and a rain shower has appeared out of nowhere. Then I am freaking out because my iPhone can't get wet. This case is waterproof, shock proof, dirt proof, and snow proof!
In my opinion I would be happy opening any of the above gifts and I'm sure the runner you're buying for would too!
QOTD: What running item is on your wish list?