It's the start of a new week! I really hope this week is much better than last week. With all the tragedy in Boston and Texas I can't imagine anything else happening. This country needs prayers and some happy endings.
To add to the bad news all week...on Thursday afternoon my husband's grandmother passed away. We know she is in a better place but it still makes us a little sad. We will miss her here with us. But we take comfort in the fact that one day we will see her again in heaven!
On Saturday me and the boys ran the Color Me Rad 5K! It was their very first 5K and they did amazing! I was so proud of them (even though there was some complaining during the course lol)! Later that afternoon Andy's family came over for dinner. It was so nice to spend time with our family. This past week has really made me step back and think about what is the most important in life. We mush cherish life because we never know when our time here might end.
Sunday we went to church in the morning and then the rest of the day was a lazy day. I spent most of the day on the couch watching TV and blogging. My allergies have been bothering me the past few days and I just didn't feel all that great yesterday.
So that brings us to Monday...and the Weekly Chase! I love telling you my goals for each week! And I love all the encouragement you give me on completing my goals. I hope you will link up your goals with us this week!
Here are my goals from last week. I will say that I didn't do too well last week. I spent a lot of time watching the news...as I'm sure most of you were doing too.
- Goal #1: Be a better mom by spending at least 15 quality minutes with each son every day (challenge goal). I didn't do as well with this goal this week. I did have quality time with my boys at the Color Me Rad race.
- Goal #2: Read my Bible devotional every day and grow in my relationship with God (challenge goal). YES!!! With the bombings in Boston I spent a lot of time praying and in the Word this week. I needed my relationship with God to help me cope with what happened in Boston. I was having feelings of fear as well as despair over what happened. Reading scripture about God protecting us and loving us and helping us in times of need really helped me this week.
- Goal #3: Stretch and roll every day (challenge goal). 75%. I did fairly well with this but missed a few days.
- Goal #4: Get back to running! YES!!! I ran 3 times last week! And all my runs were in honor of Boston. #runforBoston
- Goal #5: Start cleaning out my closet. Nope. I didn't even attempt this. Like I said...a lot of my time last week I was glued to the TV watching the news.
So here are my goals for this week.
Goal #1: Be a better mom by spending at least 15 quality minutes with each son every day (challenge goal).
Goal #2: Read my Bible devotional every day and grow in my relationship with God (challenge goal).
Goal #3: Stretch and roll every day (challenge goal).
Goal #4: Run at least 3 times this week. It's nice not having to take my running too seriously right now. I'm not training for a race so my runs can be more about the journey and just enjoying the run.
Goal #5: Start cleaning out my closet. I'm going to attempt this one again this week. I'm not sure how far I will get because I'm subbing two days this week, I have shopping dates with my friends Stephanie and Ragan and my mother-in-law, and we have the funeral to attend. But hopefully I will at least get it started.
So that's my week!
QOTD: What are your goals this week?