We had an awesome Thanksgiving! I hope you did too! It was great getting to hang out with my sister and her family! The boys had a blast playing with their cousins!
When we got home Thanksgiving night, Andy and I headed out for some early Black Friday shopping! We had a blast! We didn't stay out too late...we got home around 1 AM and were back up at 6 AM to head back out! Our goal is to always get the boys' Christmas shopping done. We got some good deals for the boys which makes me even more excited about Christmas!!!
Friday afternoon we decorated the Christmas tree! I just love this time of year and so do the boys! They were also excited because the elves showed up Saturday morning. And by Sunday they were already up to some mischief! (Explanation: The elves were mad because we wouldn't let them go into the restaurant we were eating at called Moe's Southwest Grill. They serve tacos and burritos there. Hayden didn't eat his cookie from there so the elves made their own tacos and stole Hayden's cookie!)
On another note...you KNOW I can't go without saying....WAR EAGLE!!! That was an amazing game!!! I'm still in shock that my Auburn Tigers beat Alabama!!! We had a blast watching the game...Andy's family came over and watched with us! I got in trouble a few times for scaring the dogs and the boys with my screaming lol!
It was an amazing Thanksgiving and holiday weekend! Now it's time for the Weekly Chase! I'm ready to tell you all about my goals for this week!
- Goal #1: Follow run directions from Dr. Justin. Yes! I actually got to run 3 times last week!!! I only saw Dr. Justin once due to the holiday but he said I was making awesome progress. He told me I could run 7 miles for my long run (which I did)! He also said he had no doubts that I would do great in Memphis! He said the knee may get a little sore around mile 10-11 but hopefully not.
- Goal #2: Roll, stretch, and ice daily. Yes! I did miss doing this on Thanksgiving Day...we traveled 6 hours total and then went shopping. It was a busy day!
- Goal #3: Make my shopping list for Black Friday. Yes! The boys made their Christmas lists for me...however I ended up forgetting their lists when we set out to shop lol! Luckily I have a pretty good memory so I remembered most of it.
- Goal #4: Get some blog posts written and scheduled. :-( I got my posts done for each day but I didn't get any extra ones done for this week.
- Goal #5: Be thankful. Yes! I've made it a conscious effort to thank God for every blessing and good thing that has happened to me this week! I even thanked him for Auburn winning lol!
Here are my goals for this week!
Goal #1: Follow run directions from Dr. Justin. I plan on running about 2-3 miles on Wednesday before I see Dr. Justin. Hopefully he will say I've made even more progress!
Goal #2: Roll, stretch, and ice daily. Definitely! I truly believe in this!
Goal #3: Hydrate and fuel for the St. Jude Memphis Half Marathon this weekend. I need to be sure to hydrate. It's going to be cold in Memphis (it's even predicting snow showers on race day) and I always forget to hydrate when it's cold. I want to do as well as I can at this race considering my injuries.
Goal #4: Get some blog posts written and scheduled. I need to get my posts scheduled for while I'm gone. I leave for Memphis on Thursday!!!
Goal #5: Pack! I need to start packing now!!! I'm so excited!!!
Goal #6: Get lesson plans done for my sub. I am taking two days off from work. I have to get everything ready to have a substitute teacher.
So that's my week! It's going to be a busy one! But I'm so excited about St. Jude!!! Thanks again to everyone who donated and helped me raise money for such an awesome cause! I'm ready to run my heart out for those precious children!
QOTD: What are your goals for this week?