I'll be telling you all about Memphis in a couple of posts. Even though the race got canceled due to the ice storm...I had an unforgettable experience as a St. Jude Hero! I definitely want to return next year and actually run the race!
Me and my friend still wanted to run our race (especially those that it was their first marathon) so yesterday we ran our 26.2 and 13.1 miles for the kids at St. Jude! I'll post that recap this week too!
It's time for another Weekly Chase! I'm ready to tell you all about my goals for this week!
Here are last week's goals!
- Goal #1: Follow run directions from Dr. Justin. I went to see him on Wednesday before I left for Memphis. He said the knee was doing great and to run strong, hard, and fast at the race! I asked him if running a half was going to make the knee worse. He said no but I might be sore. He said he's see me next week for a tune up and then I would be done with treatment!!! Yay!!!
- Goal #2: Roll, stretch, and ice daily. Yes!
- Goal #3: Hydrate and fuel for the St. Jude Memphis Half Marathon this weekend. Yes! I did really well with this lol! Especially the fueling part while I was in Memphis. We ate really well and then when the race was canceled I realized I'd eaten too much! But then we ran on Sunday so it was all worth it! ;-)
- Goal #4: Get some blog posts written and scheduled. Yes! I got these all done before I left for Memphis!
- Goal #5: Pack! Nothing like waiting till the last minute! I packed but didn't get it all done until the night before I left for Memphis.
- Goal #6: Get lesson plans done for my sub. Yes. I'm hoping my sub had a great day with my class! I'll find out tomorrow!
Here are the goals I have for this week!
Goal #1: Run at least twice this week. I'm going to take some rest time to recover from yesterday. But I would like to get in at least a short run and a long run this next weekend. I have The Biggest Loser Half Marathon coming up on December 29th so I need to continue my training.
Goal #2: Roll, stretch, and ice daily. This will be an ongoing goal for me!
Goal #3: Write my Koss earbuds review. I can't wait to tell you all about these awesome earbuds!
Goal #4: Write my Memphis posts. I'm excited to tell you all about my time in Memphis. It was an incredible experience!
Goal #5: Shop for Christmas pajamas. At work on Friday we are wearing Christmas pj's, watching a movie, and Santa is coming to visit. I don't have any pj's to wear! Any suggestions on where I can find some?
So there's my week! At work today we are having our Christmas Program. My class has worked hard on the song they are singing and I'm hoping they sing loud and proud today for their parents! I also have my work Christmas party on Thursday and I'm looking forward to that! Then Friday is the Pajama/Movie/Santa Visit. It's really feeling like Christmas! I love it!
QOTD: What goals do you have this week?