First off...I want to wish everyone a very happy 4th of July!!! I hope you have a blast celebrating and enjoying living in our amazing and free country!
This week was a busy one! On Monday we had a play date with friends. My house was so loud...and full of laughter! It was great! These kids are so awesome! They put on "shows" for me! I LOVED seeing all their creativity and imaginations at work! They had me laughing so hard I was crying...so funny!!!
Tuesday was movie day with Jenny and her kids! But...as we were driving to the theater the weather got crazy! It was so windy! Pine straw and pine cones were hitting the car. But it wasn't raining even though it looked like it was about to storm. And once we got closer to the theater we could see that the power was out! So...no movie for us. But we still turned our day into a sunny one! Jenny and I got our Starbucks and then we went to Chick fil A and talked for hours! So fun!!!
On Wednesday the boys and I went to one of the free summer kid movies at our local theater. They were playing "The Book of Life." We had never seen it and it was pretty cute!
Thursday was spent cleaning the house. My friend Stephanie arrives with her three kids tonight!!! We are headed today to New Orleans to get her from the airport! Yay!!!
I completed my June strength training challenge (successfully) and have found a new challenge for July! Head over to FitFluential to get all the details and enter a giveaway.
Now it's time for Fitness Friday! I had a great week of runs...and strength training! I also hit some milestones this week! I hit day 400 of my run streak on Sunday!!! Wow! And on Tuesday I did a 5 minute plank!!! All I can say about that is...OUCH lol!
- Friday- 225 squats, 40 push-ups, 135 crunches, 1.75 mile run in 14:07 average pace 8:04
- Saturday- #plankaday 4:00, 40 push-ups, 140 crunches, 5.05 mile run in 49:21 average pace 9:46
- Sunday- #plankaday 4:00, 230 squats, 45 push-ups, 2.26 mile run in 18:59 average pace 8:24
- Monday- #plankaday 4:31, 240 squats, 45 push-ups, 145 crunches, 1.77 mile run in 14:27 average pace 8:11
- Tuesday- #plankaday 5:02, 250 squats, 50 push-ups, 150 crunches, 2.16 mile run in 18:01 average pace 8:21
- Wednesday- #plankaday 2:05, 100 squats, 50 push-ups, 1.78 mile run in 14:57 average pace 8:24
- Thursday- #plankaday 2:05, 100 crunches, 60 push-ups, 1.77 mile run in 14:58 average pace 8:27
My runs were great this week! It's still really hot and humid outside. And this week I had to deal with a dead armadillo on the sidewalk I run on. By day 4 he started to smell awful and I almost threw up when I had to pass him on my run. Luckily that afternoon the city disposed of him. But some of his guts are still on the sidewalk so there is still an awful smell. Hopefully it will rain soon and get rid of it!
I'm running the All 4 Run Virtual Race today as my long run for the weekend. We will be getting in from New Orleans pretty late tonight so I wanted to get my long run over with. I'm so excited to see my friend Stephanie!!!! She will be here for two weeks so please forgive me if I don't post as often while she's here.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Happy Independence Day!!!