Friday we met our friend Kirstin, Jim, and their daughter Maddy and went to the Exploreum Museum in Mobile. The kids had so much fun! And it was a great indoor activity for a day that was supposed to be rainy.
That night was the last night of Vacation Bible School for the kids. We went and saw them perform all their songs. So cute! They had such a blast all week!
Saturday I ran 7 miles with Jenny! We had a great run! I'll tell you about it tomorrow. The rest of the day was spent at home. We got Stephanie all packed up and ready to leave. Her daughter Zoe and I sported our matching Little Mermaid shirts too!
Later that night we met Maddy and her parents for fro-yo. Maddy wanted to say goodbye to Zoe, Sydney, and Mason since they were leaving the next day. These kids are all so precious and had so much fun hanging out together the past two weeks!
Sunday was our travel to the New Orleans airport day. You know how the day went. But it was all good until we reached Mississippi. That's where the traffic began. But we got a cute picture at the rest stop!
And then we were stuck in this! So not fun!
And you know the rest of the story. Once we got them all settled into their hotel we took a few last pictures. I love my friend Stephanie so much! I'm going to miss her so much! But I'm praying the Coast Guard transfers her husband back to our area. Her kids are like my own!
When we said goodbye there were tears shed. I promised myself I wouldn't cry...but I couldn't help it. The car ride home was a tearful one. But I'm so thankful Stephanie got to come and spend two weeks with us!!!
Now it's time for the Weekly Chase! It's a new week and I have new goals to achieve! I hope you will link up your own goals with me too! And feel free to use the badge below in your post too! You can grab the badge HERE! :-)
Here are my goals from last week!
- Goal #1: Run every day! Yes! My streak continues!!!
- Goal #2: Roll, stretch, and ice daily. Yes!
- Goal #3: Maintain my weight by logging my calories. My weight hasn't changed but I didn't log all my food this week. We ate out a lot this week.
- Goal #4: Incorporate some weight training into my routine. I have been doing my challenge. I missed a few days but got most of them in.
- Goal #5: Have fun with Stephanie and her kids! Yes!!! We packed in a ton of fun things this past week! We had a blast!
- Goal #6: Have Stephanie teach me some at home weight training exercises. No. Time got away from us and we never got to do this. Steph said she would make a plan for me when she got home.
Here are my goals for this week!
Goal #1: Run every day! I plan on continuing the streak this week! I can't imagine not running every day! It's such a part of my routine now.
Goal #2: Roll, stretch, and ice daily. Gotta keep this up to stay injury free.
Goal #3: Maintain my weight by logging my calories. This week I plan to eat a lot better. We ate out so much while Stephanie was here. I'm ready to get back to my healthier options. I also need to log everything and keep myself accountable.
Goal #4: Incorporate some weight training into my routine. I plan on continuing the FitFluential 100 challenge.
Goal #5: Clean the house. When you've had company for two weeks your house gets dirty. I need to clean and do laundry.
That's it for this week! We are focusing on getting back into our routines now that Stephanie and her kids are gone.
QOTD: What goals are you chasing this week?