This week was a short week due to the Labor Day Holiday. But let me tell you that it felt like the week was never going to end lol!
The week started out really fun though! On Monday we headed to the beach with my friend Jenny and her family! The water was absolutely gorgeous!!! It was crystal clear and the prettiest I have seen it in a long time!
After our beach fun we headed to Fort Pickens to explore the fort! We LOVE visiting forts!!!
It was an amazing Labor Day with friends and family!!! The boys decided they wanted it to be our Labor Day tradition! Sounds good to me!!!
Tuesday it was back to school and work. I so didn't want to wake up early again for my run. But of course I did!
By Wednesday I was ready for a Starbucks mid week coffee break!
Thursday ended up being a rainy day. And that's probably why I had a headache almost every day this week! :-( The rain cleared out later that afternoon and me and the boys were able to get in a short evening walk!
Now it's time for Fitness Friday! I had a great week of runs this week. Last Friday I even ran my fastest mile! But by Thursday my legs were feeling extra tired. I knew I needed to lower my mileage a little to give them a break. I'm not sure if I'm still recovering from my 10 miles last weekend or what. Or if the fact that I need new shoes made my legs tired. But I decided I needed to listen to my body.
- Friday- #plankaday 2:05, 2.27 mile run in 18:20 average pace 8:04
- Saturday- 10.06 mile run in 1:29:13 average pace 8:53
- Sunday- 2.55 mile run in 20:53 average pace 8:11 AND a 1.54 mile walk after my run
- Monday- 3.13 mile run in 25:24 average pace 8:08 AND a 3.43 mile walk with my hubby after my run
- Tuesday- #plankaday 2:05, 2.28 mile run in 18:58 average pace 8:19
- Wednesday- #plankaday 2:10, 2.04 mile run in 17:04 average pace 8:22
- Thursday- #plankaday 2.05, 1.71 mile run in 14:17 average pace 8:22
My runs were great this week! But you can tell by my pace each day that I was getting tired! I have new shoes that should be delivered today so hopefully that will help!
This weekend is a taper week! Thank goodness because I think my body needs it! I'm going to run 6-7 miles on Sunday!
I hope you all have a great weekend!
QOTD: What was your best run or workout this week?