On a sad note....yesterday would have been the day I left if I'd been running the St. Jude Memphis Half tomorrow. I was a little down yesterday even though I know I made the right decision to not run the race. I wish everyone running tomorrow the best of luck! Wish I was there running it with you!
The day didn't end on a sad note though. I got some very happy mail from my favorite store in the world...RunningSkirts!!! I took advantage of their Pink Friday sale and bought the new honeycomb skirt! If you spent a certain amount of money on Pink Friday you also got a free pink tote! But...the awesome ladies at runningskirts sent me an additional surprise! They sent me the new Midnight Stars Running Capri!!!! They are adorable!!! I'm excited they are selling capris now too!
It's time for Fitness Friday! I'm excited to tell you all about my runs this week! I upped my mileage some (with Dr. Justin's permission of course) and it felt great!!!
- Friday- 2.06 mile run in 19:23 average pace 9:25 (run with my hubby after Black Friday shopping!)
- Saturday- 3.11 mile run in 26:25 average pace 8:30 (Haven't ran a 5K in WEEKS!!!)
- Sunday- 1.31 mile run in 11:20 average pace 8:40
- Monday- #plankaday 1:05, 1.31 mile run in 11:15 average pace 8:35
- Tuesday- #plankaday 1:15, 1.51 mile run in 12:50 average pace 8:30
- Wednesday- #plankaday 1:05, 1.36 mile run in 11:41 average pace 8:35
- Thursday- #plankaday 1:30, 1.36 mile run in 11:39 average pace 8:33
My calf is doing so much better! I barely feel it when I run. And I don't really feel it at all after the run. I went to my appointment with Dr. Justin on Wednesday and he released me from treatment!!! He said I could start slowly building my mileage back up! I just have to take it slow. #RnRNOLA training here I come!!! :-)
My eating was good this week too. I even did great last week during the Thanksgiving Holiday! I'm proud of myself!
This weekend I'm going to start training again. My long run will be 3-4 miles. I'm taking it slow just like the doctor ordered! I don't want to digress and the calf start hurting again. Wish me luck!
I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
QOTD: What was your best run or workout this week?