Most of my runs I run for me. I run because of the way it makes me feel. I run to stay healthy. I run to be a healthy role model for my two boys. I run because I love it.
The same goes for racing. I race because I love it. I race because I like being competitive (even though I never win). I race for the shirt. I race for the bling. I race for the excitement. I race as an excuse to travel.
But all of these reasons are selfish. They are all about me. This time...I'm going to run for a reason. This time...I'm going to run for the children at St. Jude. This time...I'm going to run for Eli...my cousin's son who is a cancer survivor.
Eli...isn't he precious?
I have committed to raising funds as a St. Jude Hero to support St. Jude's lifesaving mission of finding cures and saving children. I need your support to help me reach my fundraising goal for the kids of St. Jude.
Every Dollar Counts
Every dollar donated to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital counts! Take a look at some of the possibilities that your donations could provide to the kids and families of St. Jude.
- Infant Care Supplies for 10 Babies: $50 These supplies help parents and nurses care for babies in treatment and include items like diapers, baby bottles, sippy cups, pacifiers, footies and heel warmers.
- Wagon: $70 Wagons can make traveling through the halls of St. Jude easier for parents and more fun for a young child.
- Parties to celebrate birthdays, holidays and “coming off chemo”: $75 St. Jude provides parties, decorations, cakes and more to keep spirits high during the holidays and to celebrate special occasions like birthdays and a child’s completion of chemotherapy treatment.
- Creative Toys: $100 Play is an essential part of every child’s life, and it’s important for the children to have fun as often as possible. At St. Jude, colorful, toy-filled play areas are just as plentiful as exam rooms.
- Delicious Meals: $210 St. Jude provides meal cards so that patients and families can enjoy the comfort and convenience of good, nutritious meals in the Kay Kafe, our cafeteria.
- One Day of Oxygen: $447 Oxygen is key to keeping the immune system strong. A gift of oxygen can help a young body thrive and help fight cancer at the cellular level.
- Child-sized Wheelchairs: $700 These special wheelchairs help children move easily through St. Jude.
- Airfare for a parent and child: $1,000 average For a patient referred to St. Jude, the hospital covers the cost of airfare for a child and one parent or guardian.
Childhood cancer is a cause near and dear to my heart. I want to do as much as I can to help in finding a cure. What better way to help than to run for St. Jude? Please help me do this by donating to my fundraising efforts.
Thank you for your support!
QOTD: Do you run for a reason?