Here’s what the program is all about:
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We've determined things might get too slow and backed up if we're trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for August, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by September 4th as pairings will be emailed on September 5th!
This month I was lucky enough to get paired with Summer Blankenship this month! She tweeted me several times this month about her box being one of her best...and boy was she right!!! It was slam packed full of goodies!!! I also love that she sent me goodies in mind of my marathon training! Thanks Summer!
Don't you just love getting packages in the mail??? :-)
She had everything wrapped in bubble wrap!
And the sweetest note...filled with recipe cards!!!!
I'm not a great cook but usually I can follow a recipe! :-)
And here's a picture of all the goodies Summer sent me!
- Dried cherries. Sooo good! I'm usually not much of a fan of cherries but these were so yummy!!!
- Fruit strips. These were a hit with my boys! They loved them!
- Buddy Fruit Pouches. These were AWESOME! I've seen so many kids with these but have never tried them. My boys and I both loved them!!!
- Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans. This was shared with the whole family AND the grandparents! Sooo good!!! Who doesn't like dark chocolate with a taste of coffee??? YUM!
- Vega Energizing Smoothies. You all know how much I like these! If you haven't seen my review of these you can read it here! She also sent the Vega Pre-Workout Energizer and the Vega Electrolyte Hydrator. I haven't tried these yet...I'm saving them for when I run those high mileage runs (like 18, 20, or 22).
- Reusable Shopping Bag from Publix. I'm excited about using this bag on my next shopping trip to Publix! I think I might use it next month when I am shopping for my Foodie Pen Pal!!! :-)
Thank you sooo much Summer for such an amazing package!!!!
I sent my box to Melissa...she doesn't blog so I can't show it to you...but hopefully she enjoyed her goodies from me! :-)
QOTD: What yummy foods are found only in your area?