What is the Liebster Award? The Liebster Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers (I'm not sure if the people I tagged have less than 200 followers or not...I just love their blogs). The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. WOW!!! Thanks girls!!!
The rules for this award:
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Then answer the questions the tagger sent for them, plus create 11 questions for the people they've tagged to answer.
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
- Notify the people you have tagged.
- No tag backs.
So here goes! You guys are learning a lot about me this week! :-)
1. I am allergic to milk chocolate. Yes really! I can eat chocolate flavored things or things with cocoa but the milk chocolate (like in candy bars) makes me sick. Luckily, I can have my chocolate milk since it's not milk chocolate! ;-)
2. Halloween is my favorite holiday! I love how much fun it is! I love dressing up and I love dressing up my kids! Plus...Halloween is the day before my birthday AND it's my husband's birthday! Sorry...I just couldn't resist my FAVORITE Halloween picture of my son Hayden when he was two!
3. I'm short...I'm only 5 feet 2 inches tall but have always wanted to be at least 5 feet 6 inches tall. Not gonna happen.
4. I love to sing! I've been singing solos in church since as long as I can remember in my childhood. I now sing on the praise team at my church and love it!
5. My favorite food is pizza and vanilla fro-yo with oreos. Yeah I know...real healthy for me. :-/
6. I hate feet. I think they are disgusting. The only feet I don't mind are baby feet.
7. I am very organized. I do not like chaos in my life. I plan everything out.
8. I love playing card games! Rook and Phase 10 are my favorite!
9. If I'm hungry...watch out! I get really grouchy!
10. I love everything Disney...the movies, the races, the rides, the parks...everything!!!
11. I am an electronics junkie! I love computers, iPhones, iPads, iPods, etc. Actually it sounds like I am an Apple product junkie! :-)
Here are the 11 questions I am answering (some are from Abby, some are from Sabrina, some are from Darlena, some are from Colleen, and some are from Tabitha):
1. Why did you start blogging? I started my blog to record my progress when I first started running. It was just for me at first and has grown more than I ever imagined!
2. What do you do when you are stressed? If I can, I go for a run! Running keeps me sane! I also like talking to a friend about whatever is stressing me out...getting it out helps so much!
3. Do you exercise in classes or on your own? I exercise on my own. I would LOVE to take classes but my gym doesn't offer them. And most of my working out (other than running) is done in my living room! :-)
4. What is your favorite race distance/and or workout? My favorite race distance is a half marathon. I love it because it is not as hard on your body as a full. Of course my favorite workout is running!
5. If you could compete in an Olympic sport what would it be? I would compete in gymnastics for sure! This is a wish thing right? Because I have NEVER done gymnastics...but I think it would be so much fun!
6. What is your favorite way to refuel after a race or workout? I LOVE drinking chocolate milk after a race or workout! But just recently I've started exploring protein shakes.
7. What is the next big event or race on your calendar? The next race is a half marathon on Sept. 30th. This is the half I am training a group for. Then I have another half two weeks later. And then the Disney World Full Marathon in January.
8. What is your favorite time of year and why? I love the fall! The weather gets cooler and all my favorite things are in the fall...my birthday and Halloween!
9. Where is your favorite vacation spot? Disney World! We own a timeshare that's about 5 minutes from Disney World. We always have the best time there!
10. What is your biggest accomplishment? I would have to say running my first full marathon. I never thought I would run a marathon...it seemed to long and too hard. But I did it!
11. What was your first post? It was titled "The Beginning..." and I talk about my commitment to starting and finishing the Couch to 5K!
My questions for the people I have tagged:
1. What is your favorite form of exercise and why?
2. What is something that you've accomplished that you are extremely proud of?
3. What inspired the name of your blog?
4. What is one thing on your bucket list that you hope to accomplish soon?
5. What is one word that would most describe you?
6. What do you do for a living?
7. What is your favorite book?
8. If you could travel anywhere where would you go?
9. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
10. Are you a morning person or night person?
11. What reality tv series is your favorite?
Here are the awesome bloggers that I have tagged:
Tag...you're it! :-)
QOTD: Pick one of my questions above and answer it in the comments below! I'd love to hear from you!!!