So my question to those of you that run in the really cold weather....what do you wear to protect your face? I felt like I had all the right layers on....compression socks, running tights, long sleeve shirt, top layer jacket, gloves, and hat. But my face was really cold! And breathing in the cold air through my nose hurt because it was so cold. I've seen neck gaiters that can be pulled up over your nose. And I've seen balaclavas that go over your head and face. What do y'all prefer as a runner? I need suggestions please!
On Saturday I got to spend some girl time with my sister-in-law Katie, her friend Ann, and my mother-in-law Gwen. Katie is pregnant and just found out last week the sex of her baby. Let me just say that I am one excited aunt! (I'd tell you what she's having but I'm not sure she's told everyone and it's her news to tell not mine) So we celebrated with a girl's tea. Now I'm not a tea fan at all but I did enjoy the dessert and of course the company! I got a slice of cheesecake that was to die for! It had caramel and bananas on top and it was divine! Unfortunately it was such a large slice I couldn't eat it all. But I enjoyed what I did eat!
Now it's time for the Weekly Chase! It's a new week and I have new goals to achieve! I hope you will link up your own goals with me too! And feel free to use the badge below in your post too! You can grab the badge HERE! :-)
Here are my goals from last week!
- Goal #1: Run every day! Yes! My streak is still going strong even in the super cold weather! One day this week I ran in 18 degrees with a feel like temperature of 3 degrees! It was SOOO cold!
- Goal #2: Roll, stretch, and ice daily. Yes! I was very diligent with this this week. It was hard to ice since it was so cold but I did it!
- Goal #3: Maintain my weight by logging my calories. Yes! I logged everything this week! :-)
- Goal #4: Get my monthly calendar for work completed. Yes!
- Goal #5: Cook meals this week. I cooked a few meals this week but not as many as I would have liked.
Here are the goals I'm working on this week!
Goal #1: Run every day! Yes I'm still planning on keeping my streak alive this week! I'm taking it easy though because my next half marathon is in 2 weeks and I want to be healthy for it!
Goal #2: Roll, stretch, and ice daily. Gotta keep this up to stay injury free for all the races I have planned in the next few months.
Goal #3: Maintain my weight by logging my calories. I want to be sure to maintain my weight and the key to that is writing all my food down.
Goal #4: Shop for black running tank tops. This may be hard to find right now but I'm hoping I can find them. I need these for my next few races. I'm having designs put on them. :-)
Not a lot this week but that's ok. Some weeks it's ok to focus on the little things. I hope you have a great week of meeting goals too!
QOTD: What goals are you chasing this week?