This week was a week of readjusting to routine. Well...I don't have much of a routine right now since it's summer vacation for me but you still have to adjust to being back home when you get back from vacation. Not to mention you have to catch up on sleep. While in Disney I woke up around 2 hours earlier than everyone else so I could run. That and walking tons in the parks wore me out! Luckily it didn't catch up to me until I got back home. I've been relaxing and catching up on sleep this week. I feel like I'm almost back to normal!
On Monday Andy and I attended a funeral for his boss who had cancer. He passed away while we were in Disney. :-( It wasn't a fun day for sure. Because of this Andy's office was closed for the day so it gave us one last day of vacation. We didn't do much but it was nice to have that extra day. The boys did have some sprinkler on the trampoline fun! :-)
On Tuesday the boys and I met Jenny and her children Sawyer and Lily at the movies. We saw Disney's Inside Out! If you haven't seen it it's a MUST! It was sooo good!
And then anytime Jenny and I are together a visit to Starbucks is in order!
Wednesday was a day of running a few errands. It was also an off and on again rainy day. We did manage a short nature walk before a thunderstorm. Funny story...we saw this sign. But we didn't see any of those animals. Instead we saw a mouse and HUGE black grasshoppers. We had to walk past the grasshoppers and all of us were afraid they were going to jump on us! It was hilarious!!!
Thursday we went to my friend Lora's house to swim and play. We had a blast!
Now it's time for Fitness Friday! I got in all my runs this week! It was so hot! Summer is definitely here! I slept in a few days and realized I couldn't do that. It's a must to get up early to run and beat the heat.
- Friday- #plankaday 2:05, 160 squats, 25 push-ups, 110 crunches, 1.57 mile run in 13:05 average pace 8:21
- Saturday- 25 push-ups, 2.27 mile run in 18:26 average pace 8:08
- Sunday- #plankaday 2:30, 180 crunches, 30 push-ups, 115 crunches, 1.77 mile run in 14:38 average pace 8:16
- Monday- #plankaday 3:02, 185 squats, 120 crunches, 2.16 mile run in 17:37 average pace 8:09
- Tuesday- #plankaday 3:00, 190 squats, 30 push-ups, 125 crunches, 2.16 mile run in 17:38 average pace 8:09
- Wednesday- #plankaday 3:30, 35 push-ups, 1.67 mile run in 14:01 average pace 8:24
- Thursday- #plankaday 3:32, 220 squats, 35 push-ups, 130 crunches, 2.16 mile run in 17:56 average pace 8:19
The runs went well this week. Like I mentioned earlier, it's hot. But getting up earlier helps tremendously.
I've been working hard at my strength training challenge this month. I'm not going to lie though...I'm ready for it to be over! I'm tired of squats and crunches! The push-ups aren't too bad though. I'm actually liking those! I guess because I would have never guessed I could do 30 push-ups before this challenge. Feels great!
This weekend I'm hoping to get a longer run in. At least 5-6 miles. It's too hot for anything any longer lol!
I hope you have a great weekend!
QOTD: What was your best run or workout this week?