On Monday the boys went swimming at Grandma's! We tried the community pool for the first time and it was super nice! The boys had a blast!
On Tuesday we met my friend Jenny and her son Sawyer at the movies to watch "Tomorrowland!" It was a really good movie! The boys were all glued to their seats the entire time! After the movie we went to...wait for it...Starbucks!!! Yeah if Jenny and I are together there will always be Starbucks involved ;-)
Wednesday was National Running Day! I celebrated by running of course! :-) It was also grocery shopping day. The boys hate it...and so do I! But it has to be done. So afterwards I took them to the park. They played while I drank coffee and enjoyed my new Runner's World magazine! :-)
After the park we got some fro-yo!
Thursday Andy was off work! We had a fun day! We went out to lunch. Then we came home and played a game of Monopoly (that lasted FOREVER)! Fun times! Unfortunately (from all my trips to jail) I ended up bankrupt and lost everything! :-/
During one of our breaks from the game we headed to Starbucks! Sawyer wanted to use his own money and buy himself a frappuccino! :-)
This week I also added in a little strength training. I found this workout on Pinterest and have been doing it every day! I have continued to do my planks like always...I couldn't imagine going back to 20 seconds. But hopefully by the end of the month I will be at a 5 minute plank like it says. And let me tell you...squats make my legs very very sore lol! And I've discovered that I have no upper body strength! How am I going to do 50 push-ups on day 30??? We will see lol!
Now it's time for Fitness Friday! My runs went great this week! I even ran a 5K on National Running Day! I normally just stick to 1-2 milers during the week for my streak. But it felt good to run a 5K!
- Friday- #plankaday 2:05, 2.16 mile run in 17:53 average pace 8:17
- Saturday- 6.21 mile run in 57:20 average pace 9:14
- Sunday- 2.26 mile run in 18:51 average pace 8:21
- Monday- #plankaday 2:06, 1.70 mile run in 14:39 average pace 8:38, 50 squats, 5 push-ups, 25 crunches
- Tuesday- #plankaday 2:00, 1.77 mile run in 14:54 average pace 8:25, 55 squats, 5 push-ups, 30 crunches
- Wednesday- #plankaday 2:05, 3.12 mile run in 26:20 average pace 8:27, 60 squats, 6 push-ups, 35 crunches
- Thursday- #plankaday 2:15, 2.06 mile run in 17:39 average pace 8:33, 6 push-ups
So lots of running this week! But it felt great! And I'm enjoying the strength training although I've been sore! I know that challenge is a piece of cake for a lot of you but I have to take baby steps! ;-)
This weekend I have a 6 mile run on the schedule.
I hope you all have a great weekend!!!
QOTD: What was your best run or workout this week?