I've also been thinking a lot about the new school year this week. I bought the boys new backpacks. And I've been planning for my new classroom! Decorating my classroom is one of my favorite things to do!!! I've decided that I am going to decorate with owls this year! I've been making the cutest owl stuff and I'm super excited about it! I think the students are going to love it! Here's one of the cuties I've been using a lot this week! I will definitely share what my classroom looks like when I get it all finished in the next few weeks! :-)
It's time for Fitness Friday! It felt good to get back into my routine this week!
- Saturday- #plankaday 1:00, 5 mile run in 52:54 average pace 10:35
- Sunday- 1.05 mile run/walk with Sole2Soul Sisters new couch to 5K group- these ladies are in week 2 and they are all doing great! They don't believe us when we say they will be running a 5K in about 7 weeks!
- Monday- #plankaday 1:02, 1 mile run in 8:46
- Tuesday- #plankaday 1:01, 3.11 mile in 30:53 average pace 9:56, lunges for 1 minute
- Wednesday- #plankaday 1:03, squats for 1 minute
- Thursday- #plankaday 1:00, 3.11 mile run in 31:23 average pace 10:06, 3 sets of 50 second bridge for the #AugustCoreFocus Challenge
- Friday- #plankaday 1:00, push-ups for 1 minute
So that's my week of runs and workouts! The time off from running that I took when I was in Destin has made my runs suffer I think. My legs have been so tired lately and I've been struggling with my runs. Of course it could be that it seems to have gotten more hot and humid lately too. I just have to remember that all runners go through rough spots...this is one of mine at the moment. I will get through it! I will persevere! When the run gets tough I'll get tougher!
QOTD: What was your best run or workout this week? Any fun plans this weekend?