I ran all my runs in new shoes this week and it really made a difference! Yay for new shoes...and lock laces! :-)
I did get to go on our weekly coffee date with my sister. And on Thursday both my boys had a field trip...to the same place! They went to see the play, "Beauty and the Beast." One of Hayden's classmates was a wolf in the play so it was awesome getting to see her perform!
Now it's Fitness Friday time! I'm excited to tell you all about my runs this week! I tried to take it easy this week since I have my half marathon on Sunday. I only ran one 5K this week when usually I run at least 2.
- Friday- #plankaday 1:31, 2.50 mile run in 20:52 average pace 8:20
- Saturday- 8.05 mile run in 1:14 average pace 9:13
- Sunday- 2.51 mile run in 20:26 average pace 8:09 And my hubby got up with me and ran a mile!!!
- Monday- #plankaday 1:10, 2.25 mile run in 18:56 average pace 8:25
- Tuesday- #plankaday 1:15, 2.25 mile run in 19:11 average pace 8:31
- Wednesday- #plankaday 1:30, 2.26 mile run in 18:57 average pace 8:23 (And I woke up to a dead Garmin on this morning even though it was fully charged when I went to bed. Grrr!)
- Thursday- #plankaday 1:15, 3.12 mile run in 26:06 average pace 8:23
The running went pretty good this week. Sunday and Monday my legs felt pretty tired. The runs themselves were great but afterwards my legs felt tired the rest of the day. Maybe they were just getting used to the new shoes? Luckily they got better as the week went on.
My eating was great this week! I'm still having a hard time eating as many calories as needed to maintain. My body has gotten used to eating the amount needed for weight loss so it's hard to eat more. But I'm working on it.
I'm also hosting another DietBet starting October 27th...Road Runner Girl's Fall Into Shape DietBet! I hope you will join the game! It is such a fun way to lose weight!!! And winning money AND losing weight is awesome!!!
I'm super excited about my half marathon this weekend! I don't really have a goal...just to run the way my body feels. I eventually want to run a sub 2 half (since I was so close in Talladega) but I didn't train for that for this race so I doubt it will happen. Hopefully I will run strong and fast though!
I hope you all have a great weekend!
QOTD: What was your best run or workout this week? Anyone racing this weekend?