What are the benefits of chia seeds?
- Prolonged hydration due to the high water absorption properties
- Balance blood sugar levels
- Contain natural antioxidants
- High in Omega 3's which are important in brain function and the health of our heart and other vital organs
- High in fiber, magnesium, iron, calcium, protein, potassium, phosphorus, zinc, manganese, and selenium...all important things that runners need (and non runners too)!
To sum it all up...chia seeds are really, really good for you!
So when I heard of Drink Chia I just knew I wanted to try it! Basically, Drink Chia has put chia seeds in a drink form that tastes really good and makes it easy to take on the go! Luckily, they sent me all four of their flavors to try!!!!
I love the names of all their flavors!
- B Meyer Lemon- lemon with a hint of blueberry
- Honeysuckle Pear- pear with a hint of honeysuckle
- Strawberry Citrus- strawberry with a hint of citrus
- Mango Tangerine- Tropical mango with a hint of tangerine
All the flavors were really good but my favorite was the Strawberry Citrus (probably because strawberries are my favorite fruit)!
I wanted to make sure you could really see all of the yummy chia seeds in there so I poured one of them in a see through glass just for your viewing pleasure!
Now if you do not like pulp in your orange juice...this may be a little difficult for you. The seeds definitely have a texture to them but I had no problems with it. I really liked knowing I was getting all the benefits of the chia seeds while drinking this.
I also made sure to drink it really cold! And like Drink Chia promotes...Shake it, Baby! You definitely want to shake up those seeds before drinking it!
Some of you may be wondering how to incorporate Drink Chia into your marathon or half marathon training. I tried it before and after my runs. I felt like it really helped me stay hydrated before the run...but it also made me have to pee (sorry if TMI lol). After the run I felt like it rehydrated me very well. I don't think there is any right or wrong time to drink it while training.
My friend Paige liked it so well (yes I shared) that she immediately bought some of her own! And she puts them at water stops to drink during our long runs.
So....how about you? Would you like to try Drink Chia? Well you are in luck! Because Drink Chia has offered to giveaway a sample pack with all of their flavors to one of you!!! Enter below (and please be honest and enter all the requirements...I will be checking!) This giveaway is for US only.
Disclaimer: Drink Chia sent me samples of their product to taste and review. I received no other compensation. All opinions in the above post are mine and mine alone!